Issue 181 in svnbook: ch09: Document new-to-1.8 SVNUseUTF8 mod_dav_svn directive

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Wed Jan 16 09:49:32 CST 2013

Owner: cmpil... at gmail.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium Milestone-en-1.8

New issue 181 by cmpil... at gmail.com: ch09: Document new-to-1.8 SVNUseUTF8
mod_dav_svn directive
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=181

Subversion 1.8 introduces the 'SVNUseUTF8' mod_dav_svn directive for
telling Subversion to use a UTF8 locale for hook script invocations and
such.  See r1239203 in the ASF repository for details.

Neels Hofmeyer kicked off an attempt at documenting this for the book, but
it spawned a thread whose conclusion evades me.
http://www.red-bean.com/pipermail/svnbook-dev/2012-February/006663.html
(Perhaps I can piece together a would-be final patch from the last patch in
the thread plus the followup review comments of Stefan Sperling?)