Issue 85 in svnbook: Moving a paragraph

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Thu Jun 24 02:50:12 CDT 2010

Comment #2 on issue 85 by christophe.nanteuil: Moving a paragraph
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=85

Well, what disturbs me is that the paragraph mentions SOURCE_URL in a
section where this option is not available. I would agree with you if the
paragraph was in Chapter 5 'Administration', where you present the usual
way first, and where you can go back afterwards to introduce an atypical
thing.
But it is in Chapter 9 'References' and, as the subtree has to be specified
at the initialization, I think the paragraph should be in the corresponding
section. If an administrator reminds that this atypical thing is available
and wants to confirm the syntax, where will (s)he open the book ?
In conclusion, my opinion (just my opinion) is that the partial repository
mirroring should be mentionned in Chapter 5, the way you propose it in your
comment, and that the paragraph should be moved in initialize section,
maybe with an example to illustrate the thing.