ch 2: "svn import" for more than just initial import?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jun 16 05:06:11 CDT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i'm pretty sure i recently verified this, but "svn import" can be
> used at any time to add new content to a repository, can it not?  i
> realize it's not *frequently* used that way, but it's still
> possible, yes?
>
>   the beginning of ch 2 gives the impression that it's great for an
> initial import into a new repository, but doesn't mention that it
> can be used more than once.  is that worth pointing out?

  eh, maybe what's there is already fairly clear.  i can read about
"svn import":

"You typically use this when you have an existing tree of files that
you want to begin tracking in your Subversion repository."

but maybe it's worth just extending that sentence to clarify its
availability later on.  just my $0.02 since, the first time i read
that so long ago, my first impression was that it was used
*exclusively* for initially populating a repository and that was it.

rday
--

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday