Nightly Build Failure Alert: 'de'

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Mon Jul 7 04:17:08 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 01:00:02AM -0500, Svnbook Build Daemon wrote:
> The nightly svnbook build for the 'de' locale
> has failed.  Please investigate.
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/nightly-build.de.log

Because this is such a nasty mail I fixed all errors (mostly by removing
conflict resolution markers and moving text around). Please apply.

It's sad but the translator seems to have some trouble with German
orthography. The translation contains thousends of errors (e.g.
elementary ones such as "gross", "ausser"!!!!). I once provided a small
test patch so see whether he accepts patches but my patch was ignored
(and I forget about it :-(()
Hint: I would like to get SVN write access and could restrict myself to
typo fixes if wanted.

Also the current translation inside XML needs to be converted into PO
file to avoid further conflicts as this one. This would also recognize
moved texts and would always result in a file which is in sync with the
English one (by synching against it). All translations could profit from
it.

I will send a patch which uses po4a soon ...

Jens