[svnbook] : Misc Comments on the latest book (v1.4)

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Sun Jan 28 10:56:15 CST 2007

Hi, thanks for the great feedback!

I've fixed a few of the syntax errors.  But most of your commentary is
about the formatting of the PDF file itself, and we have no control
over that.  All we can do is write valid Docbook XML, and hope that
the multiple automated tools to generate .FO and then .PDF are
bug-free.  Sounds like you've spotted some bugs in those tools.

I'd recommend that if you're reading for content, you stick to
proofing the HTML instead, since that tends to be free of formatting
problems.