From SVN-Book-IT Coordinator

Max Bowsher maxb1 at ukf.net
Thu May 11 09:01:25 CDT 2006

C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> matteo wrote:
>> In order to be able to integrate our update/contributions I would like
>> to agree with you about the fact that I'am going to update
>> http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/www/index.it.html
>> and, if you agree, I would need to add a link to other IT stuff used to
>> coordinate the team.
>
> So, it's preferable if you can keep a brief status notation and general team
> coordination stuffs actually on the index.it.html page.  We've even carved
> out a little space for each team to do that between the following markers on
> that page:
>
> <!-- NON-ENGLISH TRANSLATION-SPECIFIC STUFF BEGINS -->
>
> <!-- NON-ENGLISH TRANSLATION-SPECIFIC STUFF ENDS -->
>
> And it appears that you guys are already using that section.
>
>> Specific files used by IT-web section could be contained inside
>> http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/www/IT web folder.
>
> Is there any reason why the contents can't live in trunk/src/it/?  Remember,
> Subversion repositories are served up via HTTP, so you can have links to
> http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/src/it/...  What don't we try that for
> a while -- if it doesn't pan out, we can move stuff to /trunk/www/it/.

I don't like that much - currently we have a clean divide between "book
source" in 'src', and "website" in 'www'.

Also, that would result in a website which is part hosted under
svnbook.red-bean.com, and part hosted under svn.red-bean.com - which is
a little weird.

Remember that we will be creating /www/it/ anyway to put completed
translations into.

So, since we will have:

   /www/it/1.2/
   /www/it/1.3/
   /www/it/1.4/

we could reasonable also have:

   /www/it/status/

or something.

However, I do agree that additional pages should only be created if
there is too much material for it to sensibly form a part of index.it.html.

Max.