BASE definition

marc gonzalez-carnicer carnicer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:45:31 CST 2006

I've checked the nightly files regarding this thread, and I see
this has changed

<=========
BASE

The revision number of an item in a working copy. If the item has been
locally modified, the "BASE version" refers to the way the item
appears without those local modifications.
=========>

I am not sure if the first sentence is clear enough (I am not
being ironic). The second sentence looks fine. How about this?

<=========
BASE

The revision number of an item in a working copy when it was last
refreshed from the repository. If the item has been locally modified,
the "BASE version" refers to the way the item appears without those
local modifications.
=========>

Note I am using "refreshed" because "update" could mean
a svn update. Some variations could be :

<=========
BASE

The revision number of an item in a working copy when it was last
updated (this is not limited to a svn update command) from the
repository. If the item has been locally modified, the "BASE version"
refers to the way the item appears without those local modifications.
=========>

<=========
BASE

The revision number of an item in a working copy when it was last
updated (or added, copied, ...) from the repository. If the item has
been locally modified, the "BASE version" refers to the way the item
appears without those local modifications.

About the email Michael just sent (I intended to reply
to the list). I believe the suggestion to buy the book
should be enforced. IMO, having OReilly publishing free
books is a privilege and it is desirable they make
as much money as possible with them.

/marc