Chapter 7: svn:ignore

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Tue Aug 15 12:51:57 CDT 2006

On 8/12/06, Yury V. Zaytsev <yury at shurup.com> wrote:

> to solve the "local wc config file" problem). After all, who ever use
> those "copyright" and friends, while svn:ignore is an every-project
> necessity.

Yeah, this is in the FAQ... dunno if it should go into the book.
Maybe so.  We're under increasing pressure to evolve the book to be
not just descriptive, but *pre*scriptive.  People are screaming for
more documentation on best practices... fitz and I recently gave three
talks on this subject to huge audiences.  The demand is there.