[ADD] Russian glossary

Øyvind A. Holm sunny at sunbase.org
Tue May 3 05:22:44 CDT 2005

On 2005-04-27 20:43:09 Max Bowsher wrote:
> Perhaps members of the Spanish and Norwegian translation teams could
> explain how they deal with merging updates to the English version?

My system is fairly simple, and works pretty well. When editing the xml
files I also keep the English text, which is commented out and marked
with special markers:

    <!-- @ENGLISH {{{
    <para>This edition of the book has been updated to cover new
      features and behavioral changes in Subversion 1.1.  Here's a
      brief list of pointers to major 1.1 changes.</para>
    @ENGLISH }}} -->
    <para>Denne utgaven av boken er blitt oppdatert for å dekke nye
      funksjoner og forandringer i oppførselen for Subversion 1.1. Her
      er en rask oversikt over pekere til store forandringer i
      1.1.</para>

When changes is done to the English version, in most cases Subversion is
able to merge the changes into the Norwegian version without conflicts.
I used to merge changes manually, but now this is taken care of by the
Makefile. There are some new changes in the English version which
haven't been merged yet, so you can try a "make sync" in src/nb/ to see
how it works.

-- sunny256