What the meaning of "working-copy-less"

Nathan Hartman hartman.nathan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 08:54:05 CDT 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 3:49 AM Stefan Sperling <stsp at elego.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 01:39:05PM +0800, wuzhouhui wrote:
> > > It is also able to perform working-copy-less file content and
> > > versioned property modifications, which is functionality not currently
> > > offered by svn.
> >
> > I don't understand the meaning of "working-copy-less" in above sentence,
> > could you explaine it for me?
> >
> > wuzhouhui
>
> The 'svnmucc put' command can modify file content and 'svnmucc propset'
> can modify versioned properties such as svn:externals. svnmucc works
> directly on a server-side transaction so no working copy is required
> in order to commit such changes with svnmucc.

This is a good explanation. Can that be inserted as an introductory
paragraph?

I am a native speaker of English and I find the phrase "working-copy-less"
a bit awkward. At the very least I have to stop and think for a moment. Can
it be changed to "without a working copy" or something similar?

E.g., "It is also able to modify file content and versioned properties
without a working copy, which is functionality not currently offered by
svn."