Branch disarray.

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue Nov 25 09:24:43 CST 2014

On 11/25/2014 09:54 AM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> I'm going to recreate the branches/1.8 structure in the correct (for
> this repository) way ... and then document this in a README file in the
> branches/ directory. :-)  Sorry for the repository churn.  I will,
> however, try to make sure that your 1.8 translation work thus far
> remains available in HEAD at the end of this reshuffling process.

This work is done, plus the small fix to the XML that I called out in an
earlier mail.  I'm still unable to get the 'de' translation to build,
though::

$ make valid
xmllint --noout --valid book/book.xml
book/book.xml:163: element part: validity error : Element part content
does not follow the DTD, expecting (beginpage? , partinfo? , (title ,
subtitle? , titleabbrev?) , partintro? , (appendix | chapter | toc | lot
| index | glossary | bibliography | article | preface | refentry |
reference)+), got (title CDATA CDATA CDATA CDATA CDATA CDATA CDATA CDATA
CDATA CDATA )
  </part>
         ^
make: *** [valid] Error 4
$

It's as if the entity definitions for the reference sections aren't
being treated as entities or something.  I get this same failure whether
I use the newly constructed 1.8 branch or the old one, and I get it on
my personal computer as well as on the svnbook.red-bean.com machine.
But I do *not* see this problem in the 'trunk/en' directory.  Confused.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>