Path-Based Authorization for files

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Oct 21 12:51:39 CDT 2011

On 09/30/2011 02:57 AM, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> Hello,
>
> recently there was a posting on users at subversion.apache.org where one
> states that path-based authorization is able to restrict access on
> files. In the appropriate section of your book only directories are
> mentioned and as this is a common reference, I would appreciate if
> your able to add a paragraph just mentioning that everything works
> with, files, too, as they are only paths like directories. I attached
> a very small patch which I find would be enough for me as a notice.

Your "very small patch" actually had quite a bit of unrelated noise is, thus
wasn't as small as it could have been.  But the noise (whitespace reductions
throughout the XML file) was useful, so I committed those bits of your patch
first in r4117, then committed the core of the patch in r4118 (with minor
phrasing edits).

Thanks, Thorsten!

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/