merging example

Chris Johnk chris.johnk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:37:20 CDT 2011

Both 1.6.16 and 1.5.1.

In 1.5.1, attempting the merge with no revision argument resulted in a
crazy number of additions and updates, when in fact the branches were
already almost exactly the same.

In 1.6.16, attempting the merge with no revision argument gave me
nothing but tree conflicts. There was no way for me to get past these,
other than to subsequently issue 'svn resolved -R *' which resolved
the conflicts but left the branches unmerged.

Under both versions, the merge worked as expected when given the range
of trunk revisions from which the changes were to be merged.

Chris