SVN book feedback - dealing with Windows file and directory name issues

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Jul 15 12:20:03 CDT 2011

On 10/24/2010 05:47 PM, Rene Sugar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In one Subversion project created on Linux, when I tried to checkout a local
> copy on Windows, I ran into a directory named "aux" which is the name of a
> device on Windows.
>
> In another project, I ran into several files in the same directory where the
> files had the same name in different cases (e.g. TOKEN.c, token.c).
>
> If there is a way to handle these differences on Windows in your working
> copy when you don't own the Linux repository, it would be helpful to know
> about.

Unfortunately, I know of no such workaround.  The onus is on the folks using
the repository to understand the nuances of reserved filenames across the
set of operating systems on which the working copies made from this
repository might exist.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/