svnadmin pack documentation

Neels J Hofmeyr neels at elego.de
Mon Mar 30 17:39:13 CDT 2009

Hi,

it appears that `svnadmin pack' is practically not documented at all. The
nightly book has nothing on it, and all that the commandline help says is:

[[[
$ svnadmin help pack
pack: usage: svnadmin pack REPOS_PATH

Possibly compact the repository into a more efficient storage model.
This may not apply to all repositories, in which case, exit.
]]]

Not exactly helpful, is it.

We at elego are busy advertising this new feature, but I find myself unable
to provide any proper pointer. I don't really know too much about it, but I
could try to cook up some makeshifty book entry for so long.

Is anyone else on this?

Thanks,
~Neels