O'Reilly's German Svnbook and our efforts...

Jens M. Felderhoff j.m.f at gmx.li
Thu Jul 9 11:11:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 12:22:52 +0200
"Jens M. Felderhoff" <j.m.f at gmx.li> wrote:

> I just sent an e-mail to O'Reilly Germany to ask for the sources.

Eventually I got a reply from O'Reilly Germany.

They say that they could make the sources available provided that

* We place a note on our homepage that the sources were made available
  by O'Reilly Germany free of charge.

* We redirect the current link from the English version of the book to
  the German version, possibly hinting to the printed book "in a more
  neutral way" (quote: "at the moment the text reads like only
  complete dumb-asses would buy the book ;-)".

* If we make the changes for version 1.6 available to O'Reilly
  Germany. (How that will be done remains to be clarified.)

They also suggest to create an article in their blog at
http://community.oreilly.de/blog/ in which we introduce our project
and which might help to get new collaborators. In their introduction
they would mention that they support our project.

Cheers

Jens