Translation citizenship -- tree reorg needed?

Marcelo Andrade mfandrade at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:49:39 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM, C. Michael Pilato
<cmpilato at red-bean.com> wrote:
> (..)
> But where do we then put the currently-shared tools/ directory?  (Simple
> fix: stop sharing it.)

How about something like that?

  trunk/
     src/
        tools/
        1.0/
           en/
           de/
        1.1/
     www/

> (..)
> Part of the problem is that I don't understand how the translation teams
> prefer to work.  Is it easier to track the English trunk HEAD forever, or is
> it easier to work off a tag of an English version?

In our case, follow the original english sources is important to us.
We intend to maintain our translated version as must up-to-date as
possible.

Also, we'd like to have acess to the shared scripts and tools, mainly
because we still have few experience with docbook to solve some minor
issues in pt_BR version.  So I think reusing the shared tools could
help us.
.
Best regards.

--