Advance praise for VCWS2e

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Sep 3 17:04:32 CDT 2008

For those of you who have the original printed copy of "Version Control with
Subversion", you might recall seeing a page near the front of the book for
"advance praise" of the book itself.  (Other O'Reilly books -- indeed, other
books from many publishers -- carry the same thing.)  Anyway, O'Reilly has
contacted Ben, Fitz and myself in an attempt to harvest advance praise for
the second edition of the book.  And so I'm forwarding that request off to
you -- the Subversion user, book reader, potential praise-giver.

If you've read the 1.5 version of the book (which is available via the
nightly build[1] links on our website), and you have positive things to say
about it, please let us know in the next couple of days by emailing
svnbook-dev at red-bean.com with your name, any company affliation you might be
praising on behalf of (which is not required, by the way), and your email
address.  You don't even have to include the praise itself if you don't want
to.  I'll forward your information off to the O'Reilly production editors
and their team, who I believe will then contact you about possible inclusion
of your advanced praise in the printed second edition.

But please be honest in your feedback -- if you think the book sucks, we'd
like to know that, too.  Though, we will probably choose *not* to publish
your criticism on our Advanced Praise page.  :-)

-- C-Mike

[1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton