red-bean dispute of domain name

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Wed Nov 5 22:48:45 CST 2008

You guys already know this hoax, right?

There is no John Alldis; there is no other party trying to register
"red-bean.{in,hk,sg,jp,etc}".

Rather, the registrar AsiaNetworks.asia wants *us* to register those
domains through it, and in order to encourage that they're cooking up
this bogus report of a "competitor" trying to register those names
before we do.

It's best not to respond.  Responding would give them the idea that the
domains are somehow valuable to us, which would only encourage them to
squat on the domains.

You probably already know all this, I'm just mentioning it in case it's
the first time you've run in to this tactic.

-Karl