performance tuning notes

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed May 7 12:23:00 CDT 2008

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> It's not entirely clear that super-specific performance tuning has a
> place in a general reference manual;  that said, we should take a look
> at it and see.  :-)

I gave it a read-thru the other day, and while I was really thrilled about
the quality and thoroughness of the write-up, I too had a bit of trouble
finding where to put it.  And due to time constraints, I didn't want to try
to wedge it in just anywhere.  I think the information is useful for folks
to have.  I further thing the book could be a doing a better job about
making recommendations for getting the most out of Subversion in general
ways.  But short of getting those things done, have you considered
publishing this on a blog, Dan?

> Can you put your plain text content into a new
> trac issue?  (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/trac)

No, he can't.  Sadly, our tracker is effectively read-only to the public.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
  been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton