[REVIEW] Section "Changelists as Operation Filters"

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Thu Jun 12 23:42:02 CDT 2008

Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found a little issue in the examples to rename a changelist via
> the command line:
> The following command:
>
> $ svn changelist BUGFIX --changelist ISSUE1 --depth infinity .
>
> will produce the following output:
>
> svn: warning: Removing 'daughter/fishie.txt' from changelist 'ISSUE1'.
> Path 'daughter/fishie.txt' is now a member of changelist 'BUGFIX'
>
> Within the book there is an supplemental line "Skipped '.'" for RC11
> this is not true...

That's right!  When I last updated this part of the book, I noticed the
"Skipped" line and called it a bug in Subversion.  I fixed the bug in trunk,
and it was merged to 1.5.x in r31568.  But I clearly forgot to fix the book
after the fix of the bug.  Thanks!

Book fixed in r3127.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
  been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton