Listing deprecated options?

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Dec 19 07:02:14 CST 2007

Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:
> So, -N is deprecated--should I list it in the reference section of the
> book or just add --depth and remove -N?
>
> I vote for just removing it.

If we just remove it, I fear we'll suffer from endless mails saying we
overlooked some option coverage.  So, I'd vote for marking them as
deprecated so folks get the explicit message that they shouldn't continue to
use those options.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton