R: Translator-committers who have never made a commit

Federico Nebiacolombo federico.nebiacolombo at softeco.it
Mon Oct 30 01:57:03 CST 2006

Dear Max,
         here you have your answer, in details
> ITALIAN TRANSLATION
>       giorgio_valoti ? Giorgio Valoti <giorgio_v at mac.com>
In shorts: he is not member of this specific transaltion project(!).
He was part of another svn-reletated prj: the transaltion of svn messages
(.po)
Unfortunately this projetc (made of me and Giorgio) has not been completed.
He never asked to Join to svn book transaltion, I notified this situation to
svnbook mail list
asking for disabling the commit access and removing the login only to have a
clean situation,
but CM Pilato, explained to me that it was not a problem leaving login (I
belive that commit access on it .po file
has been removed.
I point out that I had good feeling with Giorgio and that we simply agree
about stopping work on .po file,
no personal or professional problems exists with us.
He had been informed about svn book translation but he did not join.
So if you want you can remove,thanks.

>               fa_stu ? Matteo Staurenghi <fa_stu at katamail.com> **
>         walkietalkie ? Andrea Laforgia <a.laforgia at gmail.com>
>              boiacky ? Sbarigia Andrea <boiacky at yahoo.it>
All these user are 'pause': they kindly explained on svn-it mail list
reasons not to continue
working. Some of them did not excluded to join later, but I think
probability is really small.
Anyway if you want I think you could clean up, if really required I will ask
you to re-create or
de-froze, ok? Thanks.

>              TheWind ? Piero Proietti <piero.proietti at gmail.com>
>              phoenix ? phoenix <xphenix2000 at yahoo.it>
TheWind: In this case of I will try again to contact (I already tried) he
works with Miky, I had news
on June.

phoenix: Ghost case: I have relative recent news from them, he is working
tightly coupled with maxter
so I think they merged manually (!) contribution and only maxter made
commit(!).
I had already asked him not to be scare of using his account.
In both cases: Manual merge is really a bad option, please use SVN!!
I will ask them.

> (This list excludes 3 translators who have never committed, but whose
> accounts were recently created or had a password reset.)
Of course they are just arrived, thank you again for the account definition.

Finally I appreciate this mail of notice about 'never committing users' and
I underline that
before ascking you to create a new account I ask new member to read and
agree about content
of two italian documents that explain things and asks to reader "I'am really
convinced to work
on this? You must be very motivated."
I will add a sentence about not giving svn community (you:-) "empty work" in
tha case they do not use
account.

Thank you and have a nice day
Federico Nebiacolombo