email address in the clear on svn.collab.net, red-bean.com?

Ryan Barrett svnbook at ryanb.org
Tue Oct 24 01:05:59 CDT 2006

hi guys. karl, c. michael, we talked a while back about my email address
visible on svn.collab.net and red-bean.com, and you were gracious enough to
change it in the repository's log message. (thread below.)

sorry to harass you again, but the trac installation on red-bean.com is
serving up that same email address. it looks like it's based on the same log
message for that svn revision, but trac describes it as "changeset 508," not
revision 9064.

   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/trac/changeset/508
   http://viewvc.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/?pathrev=508
   http://viewvc.red-bean.com/svnbook?view=rev&revision=508
   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/trac/log/trunk/src/book/book/ch09.xml?limit=100&rev=1076&mode=stop_on_copy&format=changelog

any chance you can fix that log message, too? you're welcome to either remove
the email address or use svnbook at ryanb.org.

thanks in advance. and brian, ben, feel free to say hi if you see me in the
halls at work! i'll do the same...

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Karl Fogel wrote:

> On 3/15/06, Ryan Barrett <ryan at barrett.name> wrote:
>> hi karl! first, let me say that i've used subversion forever, and i love it.
>> i'm sure you hear that a lot, but you can count me as another happy user.
>
> Glad to hear it!
>
>> i recently noticed that my email address (ryan at barrett.name) is posted in
>> the clear on this page:
>>
>> http://red-bean.com/kfogel/changed-revs.utf8
>>
>> i don't mind having my name there, but i've tried to prevent having my email
>> address in the clear on the web so as to not invite spam. ok, it's a
>> downhill battle...but still, would you mind removing it? you're welcome to
>> replace it with subversion at ryanb.org, if you want. thanks in advance...
>
> I completely understand -- I've removed the file entirely now, so it
> shouldn't be a problem anymore.  Sorry for the trouble.
>
> Best,
> -Karl

  -Ryan

--