SVN Book as dbcontext DocBook formatting example

nico nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr
Tue May 23 12:47:41 CDT 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:31:14 -0400, C. Michael Pilato
<cmpilato at red-bean.com> wrote:

>> Please tell me if you have any objections or comments to let it as
>> example. Cc directly to me since I haven't subscribed to the list.
>
> I have a mild preference that you not post the whole book there, but
> instead
> post only a small subset of it.  That might reduce fly-by confusion about
> where the Subversion book lives on the web.

Hm, one goal is to prove that the tool can handle such a large document.
Showing a small excerpt would prove nothing.

I would suggest that I:
- add a sentence in the html page saying that the official svn book is at
your site,
- add on the cover page a framed text saying that it is not the official
book, and giving the URL of your site,
- change the PDF file name to show more explicitely the dbcontext role,
like svn-book-by-dbcontext.pdf.

What do you think?

Regards,
BG