License of {chunk,html,base-html}-stylesheet.xsl ?

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Mar 10 23:36:55 CST 2006

Max Bowsher wrote:
> Markus Laire wrote:
>
>>I'd like to copy the DocBook XML sources of svnbook for easy redistribution.
>>
>>In addition to XML-sources, I'd like to include these 3 files
>>http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/src/tools/chunk-stylesheet.xsl
>>http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/src/tools/html-stylesheet.xsl
>>http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/src/tools/base-html-stylesheet.xsl
>>for easy HTML-generation, but I didn't find any license-information for them.
>>
>>So what is the license of these 3 files, if any?
>

> He makes a good point. The book buildsystem is already used in multiple
> places:
>
>   * svnbook
>   * svn's (currently obsolete) design document
>   * svn's misc-docs
>   * producingoss
>
> A clear license statement would definitely be a plus.
>
> Max.

I always assumed the license was the same Creative Commons one used for
svnbook.  But yeah, we should call that out explicitly.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
  been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton