Query about Japanese Translation

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Sat Jan 28 00:39:12 CST 2006

[Cc:ing Tez Kamihira]

I was certainly unaware of this translation.  I knew that a Japanese
publisher had printed a book based on the Docbook XML sources we wrote,
but didn't realize that someone had undertaken an open-source, digital
translation.

Tez:  While I can't read a lick of Japanese, it's fantastic that you've
undertaken a translation of the Version Control with Subversion text (as
well as several other Subversion-related texts, anti-FUD documents,
etc.).  Would you be willing to move your translation sources into the
svnbook Subversion repository and allow us to host your translation at
svnbook.com?  I would really love to include your work in our tree.  As
an alternative -- if you don't want to make such a move -- would you be
willing to create and maintain an index.jp.html file for the svnbook.org
website that linked to your subversion.bluegate.org-published translation?