[svnbook commit] r1750 - trunk/src/en/book

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Mon Oct 24 17:34:43 CDT 2005

On 10/24/05, cmpilato <svnbook-dev at red-bean.com> wrote:
> Author: cmpilato
> Date: Mon Oct 24 11:48:39 2005
> New Revision: 1750
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/src/en/book/appb.xml
> Log:
> Rework Appendix B to have the natural organizational heirarchy that its text
> described, but that its layout failed to support.

I like what you've done here, thanks.  I think it's a much more
natural flow.  But I still think it's useful to have the initial
table, so that it's easy to see the levels of DAV support as a "quick
glance" sort of thing.  A number of folks have thanked us for that
table in the past, and now that information is soley buried in the
prose.

My feeling is that the perfect structure is a compromise between what
it was and what it looks like now.  The section should start out
defining the three levels of DAV support, and show the table (like it
used to).  Then it should proceed as you've changed it:  three major
sections for each of the three types of DAV support.

In other words, we start with definitions and table overview, then
describe each category in detail.